Frequently ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Are Scottish Fold cats friendly?
These are sweet, calm cats who enjoy being around people.
2.Can Scottish Fold cats hear as well as other cats?
Yes, we can hear you. Our genetic mutation does not affect our hearing.
3. Are Scottish Folds hypoallergenic?
For those who suffer allergies the truth is that no breed of cat is 100% allergens free. Yes, there are some breeds that make good hypoallergenic pets if your reactions are not too severe.
4. How much does a Scottish Fold kitten cost?
Scottish Folds from a breeder cost between $1000 and 2,500 thousand dollars as a pet.
5. Are Scottish folds cuddly?
Yes, they are gentle, intelligent and extremely well adjusted. They are very affectionate.
6. Why they have a folded ears?
The Scottish Fold is a breed of domestic cat with a natural dominant-gene mutation that affects cartilage throughout the body, causing the ears to "fold", bending forward and down towards the front of the head.
7. Why do some of them have straight (regular) ears?
All Scottish kittens are born with normal, pointy ears. They do not develop their trademark look until they are around 4-5 weeks old.
8. Can a Scottish Fold be left alone for extended periods of time?
This cat is so highly social, they hate to be left alone. These animals need companionship, they are not for families who spend a lot of time outside of the home.
9. How often do i need brush my Scottish Fold?
Groom the cat by brushing their fur with a soft brush once weekly.
Highland Scottish Folds may require some additional grooming of their rear ends and their fur in general.